Author: Arti Honrao
Publisher: Sai Kiran Publications
Cover image- Vatsal Chaoji
Cover : 2.5/5
Title : 2.5/5
Blurb : 3/5
Story : 4/5
Theme : 4/5
Characters : 4/5
Overall : 4/5
- Characters (Leads):
- Kavya- The Protagonist
- Roshan- Kavya’s husband
- Shantanu- Roshan’s friend
- Shantala- Shantanu’s wife
- Shraddha- Kavya’s elder sister
“My life story” is about Kavya and her journey of life. She falls in love with Roshan at a tender age, only to realize later that Roshan had earlier cheated on her elder sister Shraddha. But as the saying goes, love is blind, Kavya leaves her house to marry Roshan. Her dad passes away and later Shraddha too.
She finds a friend in Shantanu and confides her deepest secrets with him. The story then revolves around how her marriage breaks terribly and her world tears apart.
Arti is such a natural story teller that you’ll feel the characters alive with you and you being a spectator to everything that is happening. Everything comes to life even when you are just reading it. It is story about the dilemmas of present generation when their love is at stake, go follow their heart or their family. Arti has done a great job with this book.
- Perfect grammar.
- Narration is superb.
- Amazing connectivity between situations.
- Emotions have been portrayed very well.
- The story was hushed at many points which I think would be have been better if elaborated more.
- Repeated use of some phrases which sometimes doesn’t look good.
- I was expecting some more part on Kavya’s life after Shantanu.
Go for it, especially because it is a short book which you can very easily complete in just one go. (4/5)
- Available at:
Contact Madhuri for getting your book reviewed: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow her on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/madhurivarmatheauthor
P.S. Please RATE the post. Hover on the stars and mark it. And LIKE the post if you like the review.