Author: Ashish Negi
Publisher: Frog Books (An imprint of Leadstart Publishing Pvt. Ltd.)
Cover design: Mishta Roy
Cover : 2.5/5
Title : 3/5
Blurb : 3/5
Story : 3/5
Theme : 3/5
Overall : 3.5/5
This small collection of stories is about … …
Few breaths of happiness and a few moments of satisfaction,
A life with this part of mother earth, and that portion of the magnificent sky,
Living with countless dreams and a bag of emotions.
Sea like aspirations and high-rise expectations.
A diary, full of untold words and numerous confused affections,
Quoting air like talks and sand resembling relationships.
These days full of jealousy and those nights full of repentance,
A wave, a blaze of warm water, and a winged hot vapor,
Roving with few strange fellow travelers’ presence.
Feelings of accomplishment and desires for emptiness,
A canvass, saving its shades in rainy days and alone ways,
Hiding its forgotten pages, and scattered brightness…
And represents colours of thoughts of a young person, which are the by product of dealings of his I, Ego, and Super Ego. Those ‘Colours’ include happiness, time; changing definitions of relations, frustration, imagination, struggle among other things.
“Extra Miles” by Ashish Negi is a collection of 11 short stories depicting various colors of life.
- Against Laws: A story demonstrating the importance of time in one’s life.
- I… From Heaven: It is about the various changes one undergoes during the various stages of life- childhood, teenage, adult, and after death.
- Extra Mile: A narration depicting how nature has its own way of answering one’s queries about life and other situations.
- Prejudice: Fictional story featuring “Light” & “Dark” as characters and about their importance in the universe.
- My lost crayons: A story about how colorful life is and how we miss out on small things which make us happy while running after the big ones.
- Ghost Etiquettes: It is a story about the famous myth: whether ghosts exist or not. If they do, why and how do they appear to be visible only to a chosen few people.
- Script of the jungle: A narration about human contribution to nature and how the roles of various creatures in this universe are fixed for the working of the world.
- Behind the mountains: A story related to the defense of our country and the lives of soldiers and under-training cadets, the difficulties they undergo and their struggle.
- The Rain: A beautiful narration about the essence of rain in life.
- New theory of slaves: An intelligent comparison of present day and old age concepts of slaves; present day slaves corresponding to employees of a firm.
- Untold Words: A cute story about present day love and arrange marriages.
Deep understanding about various concepts shows the detailed study of the author while scripting the book. Perfect grammar, adequate narration and varied stories make the book a delight for the readers.
A good read. It’ll be a learning experience. (3.5/5)
P.S. Please RATE the post. Hover on the stars at the end and mark them.
- Available at:
Contact Madhuri for getting your book reviewed: firstname.lastname@example.org