Vikas Singal is the author of ebook “And.. They Fell In Love”. After studying B. Tech from MNIT, Jaipur, Vikas Singal went to Bangalore to pursue a career. Then he worked for one ITC Limited for two Years. In 2010, he started his own Digital Marketing Business. He is an author by choice. Let’s get to know him more-
- Tell us something about your book:
Well, It’s a collection of three short stories based on true incidents. All of them start with two people meeting and then somehow they begin to feel attracted towards each other.
- When did you start writing?
It was back in 2009 when I wrote fiction for the first time.
- What is the purpose of your writing?
I have few stories; I want them to reach their audience.
- What inspired you to bring forth this idea as a book?
One fine day, I wrote one of true incident of my life in a form of short story. One of my roommate, read it and find it fabulous. It all started from there.
- Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?
“And they fell in love” is my only published book till now. It’s based on true incidents.
Two young people who are about to get married, meet before their marriage. Both of them are engulfed in fear and excitement. They spend some time together and in the end they begin to like each other.
- So how was this journey of becoming a published author? Give some insights of your efforts on getting your work published.
It’s been a good journey. The journey became easy when I came to know about Amazon Kindle to publish my book. I came to know about it though one of my friend and from there on, it was quite an easy process.
- Have you self-published your work or followed the traditional approach?
It’s a self published book with Amazon.
- Which approach is better according to you and why?
Hard one. I am still to experience the other approach.
- What is your take on book publishing as you see the current scenario?
Book publishing is a big market in India. But I still see lots of author struggling to get their work published. Big publishers are reluctant to give chance to new authors. But that’s’ how the life is. You have to fight it out.
- What are your forthcoming writings?
I am working on two projects. The first one is a set of short stories. I have completed writing them. A lot of editing is still to be done. The second one is a full length novel.
- What are the four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
First and foremost, I try to write in simple language so that I can connect with people.
Second, I try to give the story a right direction.
Third, I try to emphasis on correct grammar.
Fourth and most important, I want to take something good with them when they end it up.
- What is your favorite genre and why?
Fiction. It comes from heart.
- What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
Sachin Tendulkar. They way he plays; you can learn a life out of his Cricket.
- What is the biggest challenge you have ever faced and how did you overcome it?
Life is full of challenges. The biggest challenge for me was to drop my job and start my business. I could do it because of my friend Mohit Parnami.
- If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
I would like to live as Vikas Singal in this life. He is doing good, I think. 🙂
You can get in touch with Vikas directly at these handles:
Contact Madhuri for your author interview and getting your book reviewed: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. Please RATE the post. Hover on the stars and mark it. And LIKE the post if you like the review.