Prashant Wase, born on 1st September 1985, is an aspiring novelist from Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. His first novel “It’s Complicated – An Uncommon Love Story of a Common Man” was published in 2013 by Notion Press publishers. Apart from writing, he is fond of watching thriller / horror movies. His upcoming book “Ensnared” is releasing on 30th July.
Let’s get to know him more-
- Tell us something about your book “Ensnared”
It’s a story about Neil & Divya, how things crop up in their married life, and how it ends leaving them devastated and spell bounded. Neil finds Divya behaving strangely, but soon after same sort of behavior attacks Neil too. It is believed that something wrong is happening with them. What is that wrong and how it affects Neil, Divya , their family and friends? Will they overcome these hauntings associated with their lives? Or will they fall prey for these unreal, unspeakable horror. Try to find out every possible answer behind Neil and Divya’s sufferings on 30th June, 2015.
- When did you start writing?
I was passionate about my writing right from the time when I was in grade 3. I made a project related to writing and got plenty of appreciation from my teachers. That was the time when I actually thought of becoming more serious about writing. When I reached home, immediately I made a copy and started writing short stories. But I was more focused towards my writing after I finished my graduation. It was then when I wrote my first novel “Its Complicated”. It was published by Notion Press and released in the month of April in the year 2013.
- What is the purpose of your writing?
Purpose of my writing is quite simple; I love to communicate with my audiences but in a different way – through my emotions, feelings and thoughts. I put them in words and express them through my work. But for a positive communication, I need to know what sort of audiences am I targeting and what genre am I describing. I need to reassure myself that I am absolutely clear about what I am writing and for whom am I writing.
- What inspired you to bring forth this idea as a book?
Ensnared is a horror thriller novel. I tried romantic-thriller for my first stint as a writer. I always wanted to put more horror, just out of interest, in any work I undertook after “Its Complicated”. Horror and thriller always left great impact on me. Whenever I appreciate something that is horrifying and thrilling, I think of impersonating it. The curiosity actually inspired me to build upon “Ensnared”.
- As your book “Ensnared falls under the “horror” category, would you like to tell your readers if the author himself believes in ghosts / spirits?
I haven’t experienced it yet, but want to know: what happens to the dead? Are you sure that they achieve heaven or hell? Just because we don’t see it doesn’t mean that it does not exist. There are no evidences that tell us that there are no spirits. But can we rely completely on those evidences that say there are spirits?
- So how was this journey of becoming a published author? Give some insights of your efforts on getting your work published.
During Ensnared, after completing my manuscript I approached Authors’ Ink Publication, a self-publishing platform, as suggested by many of my writer friends. I got an editor to proofread and edit my work wherever necessary and finally after it was done Ensnared got into printing and is releasing on June 30, 2015.
But during “Its Complicated” (my first book) I didn’t know whom to approach, I followed traditional way sent sample chapters to many publishers, after searching for almost 1.8 years, I found Notion Press who helped me out in getting published.
- What is your take on book publishing as you see the current scenario?
No publisher actually invests his marketing money on new, infamous authors. Once the book starts selling then only they come to join the party. There is still confusion in my mind about the fact that, without marketing books won’t sell and if books don’t sell then how will the publisher justify whatever he’d spent on the author for marketing. As of now the publisher is the one who decides what needs to be done. In most of the cases these days it is seen that it’s the author who spends from his pocket to promote his book rather than the publisher.
- What are your forthcoming writings?
I am still in phase of taking decisions one by one; that means one at a time. As of now after “Ensnared”, I haven’t decided anything strong yet, but yes if anything comes sooner or later which influences me to write again, I will.
- What are the four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
- The most important factor according to me is that one should write what he loves to write because if it doesn’t appeal him to read what he has written then how can he expect his audience to read it.
- One should be absolutely clear about his target audience, for whom he is writing. Along with the type of audience it’s very important to decide what genre the writer is adapting.
- Description is another very important aspect in writing phase. According to me if the description is colored by the viewpoint of character who is actually involved in it or who is noticing it (third person), it will be more effective.
- Trust is very important factor in writing. You have to trust yourself completely in what you’re writing otherwise how will you expect others to trust your work.
- What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
Inspiration enters my life from different wide opened doors. I find beauty in animals and birds, their innocence, their honesty and their free living nature inspires me. Using different colors and master stroking them for making breathtaking art inspires me. While traveling, adopting different cultures and leaving behind all the cultural shocks inspires me. Meeting different people with different approach towards life in different parts of the world inspires me. There are in fact many more things that I would like to describe as my inspirational sources, but you know that they are so many; I cannot describe all of them here.
- Any message for our readers?
Well, for readers, if you love to read horror fiction, then just order “Ensnared” if you haven’t yet. And for others, I will like to recommend:
“Be happy and believe in yourself. It is the most important step for succeeding in today’s fast pacing life. Don’t be discouraged by any means. Just remember that everything happens for a reason, try to find out that reason but in a positive way. It will also help you discover a new person within yourself. Enjoy life, stay blessed, happy and healthy.”
You can get in touch with Prashant directly at these handles:
Contact Madhuri for your author interview and getting your book reviewed: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. Please RATE the post. Hover on the stars and mark it. And LIKE the post if you like the interview.