Author: Ceazer Shallah
Publisher: Class & Character Writing Inc.
Cover : 2/5
Title : 3.5/5
Blurb : 3/5
Theme : 4/5
Overall : 3.5/5
Family is one of the best ways to bring people together. This book was written to inspire people to reach their potential in a healthy family format.
“The Family Cookbook: Recipes for Cultivation” published by Class & Character Writing Inc. is a very different book. Its main highlight is the use of metaphor and the idea of narrating thoughts and code of conduct by means of recipes. The book touches upon various aspects for leading a healthy and happy family life and also areas where family’s love and support is all one needs. The recipes in the book are-
- Unconditional Love: Recipe for constant doses of love to everyone in the family.
- Togetherness: Recipe for imbibing a sense of togetherness in the family members.
- Support: An idea of buffet style menu to provide support as and when required by anyone and everyone in the family.
- Growth: Recipe for constant acknowledgement and allowing room for individual growth of family members.
- Leadership: Taking ownership of tasks within the family and also amongst friends to get everyone together; usually served as a side-dish when “Unconditional Love” is the main course.
- Teamwork: Recipe for bringing in a sense of “Togetherness” and “Support”.
- Communication: Recipe for healthy and adequate communication amongst family members.
- Parenting: Recipe for parents on how to serve the best dish always; in other words – being the best parent.
- Education:Recipe for receiving abundant and accurate knowledge about everything under the sun.
The idea of narrating thoughts of wisdom via recipes was very unique. All the thoughts have been very well categorized into ingredients, no. of servings prepared, preparation method, and also the best way in which that recipe can be served. Amazing use of metaphor and cooking ideas.
I wish the book had a few more recipes on wisdom 🙂
Chicken soup for the soul! (3.5/5)
P.S. Please RATE the post. Hover on the stars and mark it. Feedback is important. 🙂
- Available at: Amazon ($10.95)
Contact Madhuri for getting your book reviewed: firstname.lastname@example.org