Rajdeep Mittal was born in Ranchi and did his graduation in Mechanical Engineering from IET, DAVV (Indore) & PGDIE from NITIE, Mumbai. He is presently working with a leading E – Commerce Company in India. Besides reading & writing, the author is passionate about movies, yoga, mythology & travelling and believes that life is full of fun, opportunities & challenges. ‘You are my luck’ is his debut novel. Let’s get to know him more-
- Tell us something about your book “You Are My Luck“:
You are my luck is a classical story of three friends with different ideologies. It is a story of college life, friendship, love, hate, betrayal, ambition, passion, desire & destiny. A journey where relationship status changes many times & at a point, it reaches exactly from where it started. It is not just a story of love and romance but is a story of inspiration & transformation. It is a story of a management graduate who becomes an artist. You are my luck is a must read for all who want to bask in the warmth of love and life.
- When did you start writing?
Honestly speaking, I am a writer by heart. During my childhood days I used to write Hindi poems & articles for school magazines. I also used to write occasional scripts for drama or stage anchoring. To voice my feelings & thoughts I used to write diary every day. In fact when I started my company in 2010, I had the privilege to work as an editor for my own business magazine “SourcingDNA”. But then I never gave a thought to write a complete book.
- You have achieved something you had never thought of! What is life then if not full of surprises 🙂
What is the purpose of your writing?
Isn’t life all about stories? Aren’t we all actors? Answers to all these questions will always be ‘YES’. Believe me every story has a PURPOSE. Mine is not an exception.
- This reminded me of the prologue of “You Are My Luck”. Proves clearly that the script lines run through your veins 😀
What inspired you to bring forth this idea as a book?
Just one thought “Can love be Inspirational?”
- Interesting. The protagonist’s name resembles yours, although just a shorter version which interests me to ask whether the story is fiction or your own journey?
*Laughs*. It is fiction inspired by reality (70% fiction, 30% reality)
- Okay! Which of your works have been published so far?
This is my debut novel.
- And a very good start at that, I must say! Since the book is based on romance and the friendship of three friends, may we know the author’s view on love, family, and relationships on the whole?
Well, I am a very emotional person & I value love, family & relationships more than anything else in the world. I believe that these are precious gifts of God & are related to heart.
- How true! So how was this journey of becoming a published author? Give some insight to your efforts in getting your book published.
Just to answer your question, I want to say one line that I read somewhere. “Everybody wants happiness and nobody wants pain but you can’t have a rainbow without a little rain”. On a serious note, I can’t express my feeling in words. It was like a roller coaster ride for sure. It took me more than a year to write the first draft of my book but more than three years to publish!
- Woah! A great example of patience and perseverance at that! Have you self-published your book or followed the traditional approach?
- And which approach is better according to you and why?
I think both have their own pros & cons. Frankly speaking being a first time author I always wanted to go for self-publication as it gives you the freedom to be your own boss.
- A difference of opinion from the other first time authors. But then, differences are what make us unique, don’t they? So Raj, what are your forthcoming writings?
Love, art & hobbies will be default theme of my next book. Based on my learning & experience from my first book, I will work on improving all aspects of my upcoming story.
- We eagerly look forward to it! What are the four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
- Follow your heart
- Simple language
- What is your favorite genre and why?
Fiction. Because I am of the opinion that there is a very thin line between fact & fiction. In my view, there is no absolute fact in the life. Everything is just a point of view. Who knows in this life, we all might be various fictional characters in someone else’s story.
- True that! What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
My parents’ life.
- What is the biggest challenge you have ever faced and how did you overcome it?
I never got things easily in my life. So it would be unfair to say one. But yes I am a very optimistic person & always believe that even a single moment has the capability to change ones entire life. This positive attitude of mine, keeps me going.
- If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
I would like to live a life of Ross Gellar played by David Schwimmer in a famous American television sitcom F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Ross is a man of sweet nature and a good sense of humor, although he is often clumsy. But he is very honest from his heart and sometimes he struggles to say his heart out.
No specific reason why maybe because I like his character very much.
- Finally, any message for our readers?
Life is very beautiful. Love to enjoy every moment of it. Thank you for your love & faith in me & my writing. You are the real inspiration behind my writing.
So that was Rajdeep Mittal for you, author of You Are My Luck.
You can get in touch with Rajdeep directly at:
Contact Madhuri for your author interview and getting your book reviewed: email@example.com
P.S. Please RATE the post. Hover on the stars and mark it. And LIKE the post if you like the interview.