A homoepathic physician by profession, Dr. Garima Bohra recently debuted with her novel “Misjudged Nuances” which is the perfect summer read. She runs her own clinic in Jodhpur where she resides with her husband and an adorable 6-year old daughter. She has always been interested in writing as for her, it is a soothing mental exercise, a kind of meditation. Apart from writing, she likes to travel and explore various places. She loves listening to music and reading in her leisure time. I conversed with her to dig deeper into her life. Here are some excerpts of our conversation –
- Tell us something about your recently published book Misjudged Nuances.
“Misjudged Nuances” is a story of young doctors who have begun with their internship and are wrestling to cope up with the various ups and downs in their professional as well as personal lives. It is a captivating tale of love, friendship, trust and wrong judgement; a roller coaster ride of spoof and genuine affection, of ill-deeds and redemption.
- When did you start writing?
I started writing since my college days, it began with a personal journal which started taking shape of few short stories and later this book.
- What is the purpose of your writing?
The only purpose is to give beautiful, strong and adorable stories to all those people who love to read.
- Very nice. What inspired you to bring forth this idea of Misjudged Nuances as a book?
The encouragement from family and friends inspired me to write this book.
- Friends and family are indeed the backbone of one’s success! Is any part of Misjudged Nuances inspired from real life?
This story is a work of fiction, but some incidences and anecdotes are inspired from the time of my own internship and medical practice.
- Which of your works have been published so far?
This is my debut novel, but yes some of my short stories have been published in a leading national magazine.
- Do you see a movie based on Misjudged Nuances being made?
Why not? It would be lovely and precious to see the characters I have been living with for so long to be actually moving around on the big silver screen.
- I eagerly await that good news 🙂
What is your idea of love, family and relationships on the whole?
Love and hunger are the two raw emotions everyone wants to satisfy. Love is the basic need of life which one cannot live without, be it from your family or friends or that someone special; those who are bestowed with love in their lives are the most blessed ones. Love is a precious gift from god.
- True that! So how was this journey of becoming a published author? Give some insights of your efforts on getting your work published.
Well, initially it was stressful and there is a lot of struggle. But once I started receiving accolades for my work, the journey became a celebration. One has to be perseverant and determined to try with all the might, without getting demoralised.
- Have you self-published your book or followed the traditional approach?
The book has been published by a young, independent and traditional publication house.
- I am hearing such a description of a publishing house for the first time from an author. It must indeed be a good one! Which approach is better according to you and why?
The approach that you take for your book and the efforts you take post publication are the best. Traditional or self-published, it does not matter.
- What should the beginners do today?
They should be patient and go for authentic and genuine publication house for their work and ensure that their work is valued.
- I totally agree with that. Patience is the key to success in the literary world. What is your take on book publishing as you see the current scenario?
There are good opportunities for writers as many domestic as well as international publication houses are showing keen interest in the Indian market these days.
- What are your forthcoming writings?
I have just begun the research for my next project and nothing can be revealed right now at such an initial stage.
- I eagerly look forward to reading your next book as well 🙂
What are the four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
- No wonder you did a great job with all of the above in Misjudged Nuances. What is your favorite genre and why?
I like romance, comedy and drama, because I can easily connect with these genres.
- What / Who is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
J.K.Rowling for her epic work – Harry Potter.
Mary Kom for being a fighter every woman wants to be.
- What is the biggest challenge you have ever faced and how did you overcome it?
Challenges are a part of life, one faces them everyday. I overcome them by positive thinking and right decisions.
- Very philosophical response at that 🙂
If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
I love my life, so I would like to live as me always. I take inspiration from people but never want to live their lives.
- And finally, any message for the readers?
You will find your story in “Misjudged Nuances” at some point or the other. Please go ahead and grab your copy now! Enjoy and stay blessed!
So that was Garima Bohra for you, author of “Misjudged Nuances” and a doctor by profession.
You can get in touch with Garima directly at:
Contact Madhuri for your author interview and getting your book reviewed / edited: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. Please RATE the post. Hover on the stars and mark it. And LIKE the post if you like the interview.