Born in Patna on 22nd April, 1993, Shivi Pandey is the author of the newly published book Love Story? Seriously! He is an enginner who graduated from KIIT University in 2015. Ever since his childhood, he has been a avid reader which motivated him to focus his expressions and pen them down. He is a jovial carefree and fun loving person. His self-belief and selfless attitude are just a few good things about him. Let’s hear it from the author himself –
- Tell us something about your recently published book Love Story? Seriously!
There are a lot of love stories which are complete but there are more which are incomplete. No one talks about the latter. So this is basically a love search story. There’s a reason why I chose it to be love story? seriously! But I shall not disclose it. Let the readers find out.
- On the contrary, I feel that the title would have made more sense had the punctuation in the title been swapped to become “Love Story! Seriously?“.
When did you start writing?
I started when I was in my final year of college. I had acquired a job and hence had plenty of time. Therefore I thought of doing something fruitful. Writing being my hobby I penned down a book.
- Very different. What is the purpose of your writing?
The purpose is very simple. Apart from being my hobby, writing is also my passion which I had never realized before I started with this book.
- Don’t we all explore a little more of ourselves and evolve as a person with everything that we do! What inspired you to bring forth this idea of Love Story? Seriously! as a book?
Inspirations were many because all the incidents were witnessed by me at certain phases of life. I just knit them together.
- Is any part of Love Story? Seriously! inspired from real life?
Though the book remains under fiction genre I suggest most parts of the book are true to my knowledge.
- Which of your works have been published so far?
This is my first.
- Do you see a movie based on Love Story? Seriously! being made?
Well, it is a dream come true if someday my book is made into a movie but then I am not quite sure about it. Let’s see what the future beholds.
- What is your idea of love, family and relationships on the whole?
If you beg for love you never will get it but it is very much possible that if you exude love you will certainly get it back in double quantities in some way or the other.
- Interesting! So how was this journey of becoming a published author? Give some insights of your efforts on getting your work published.
Writing is an enjoyable job because you get to live many characters inside you, through your words and thought process that goes into writing. You actually have to think from the character’s perspective and that is quite challenging. Yes, there’s a bit of struggle getting it published. I would rather say patience is much suitable other than struggle because it takes time.
- Have you self-published your book or followed the traditional approach?
I have gone for the self publishing method.
- Which approach is better according to you and why?
Both the approaches are good. Each of them have their pros and cons. Only thing that matters is the level of cooperation and coordination shown by the publishers towards the authors.
- What should the beginners do today?
If you are a beginner and an aspiring writer then I would suggest to just keep on writing and forget about the rest. Writing will fetch you readers and fearing the response would only detach you from writing.
- Very wise piece of advice! What is your take on book publishing as you see the current scenario?
There are still many flaws on the publisher’s side and I am talking about both the methods of publishing here. The authors do not get to track the actual live sales through some online portal or something which isn’t fair enough on the author’s part.
- I agree on that part. Tracking sales is one of the biggest concerns that the authors face. Nevertheless, what are your forthcoming writings?
Although I like to read romance but I do not like to write on romance. My 1st is a romance obviously but I had never planned to write it. My presence at such places at such moments gave me a story which in a way was spoon-fed by my life and thus I wrote it. After this I plan to write a thriller and I am working on it.
- Wow! I eagerly look forward to reading your next book as well 🙂
What are the four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
- I decide on the genre I am going to write.
- I fix the boundaries — that is I decide the start and the end.
- I define the characters faintly.
- I start writing restricting myself within the boundary of the idea. Yes I do a lot of research too before starting anything.
- What is your favorite genre and why?
My favorite is thriller and mystery because it makes you think and keeps you guessing and it is somewhat sexy.
- No wonder your next book falls in that category 🙂
What / Who is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
The biggest source of inspiration are one- my late grandfather and two- my failures, as I take my failure as a challenge.
- Speaking of challenges, what is the biggest challenge you have ever faced and how did you overcome it?
I guess the biggest challenge is yet to come because romance was quite easy to write but a thriller on which I am currently working calls for a lot of unexpected expectations and it is due to its nature as it requires twists and turns.
- True! It is one of the most interesting genres to read but one of the toughest genres to write about.
If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
I would want to borrow the thought process of Ashwin Sanghi as he always thrills me through his writings.
- And finally, any message for the readers?
I would say just read a book to please yourself and do not compare me with the big names, be it in a good or bad way because no author is bad and no author is good, it is just the way he represents his ideas on the paper and everyone cannot like everything neither can everyone dislike everything.
That does make sense! So that was Shivi Pandey for you, author of “Love Story? Seriously!“.
You can get in touch with Shivi directly at:
Contact Madhuri for your author interview and getting your book reviewed / edited: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. Please RATE the post. Hover on the stars and mark it. And LIKE the post if you like the interview.