Edward Vcp was born and schooled in Madurai. Later he moved to Tiruchirappalli for pursuing his Bachelors in engineering. My Friends Closed Room was written by him while pursuing his engineering. Right from childhood, he had a hobby of writing stories, poems, and short novels. Let’s get to know Edward more-
- Tell us something about your recently published book My Friend’s Closed Door.
Well, this is my debut novel. The elements of love and friendship are employed through the plot.
- When did you start writing?
I started writing at the age of ten. I was highly appreciated for my essays and short stories in composition classes.. A few of them also were documented by my teachers.
- What is the purpose of your writing?
People should be aware and alert of the evil around them. They should always think good and do good. Humans should live in unity and harmony.
- What inspired you to bring forth this idea of My Friend’s Closed Door as a book?
Certain incidents that I came across in my life which were embossed in my heart deeply led me to realize this idea as a book.
- Is any part of My Friend’s Closed Door inspired from real life?
Parts of it are inspired but most of the plot is imaginary.
- Do you see a movie based on My Friend’s Closed Door being made?
Movie? I would be delighted to prepare the script if one is made.
- What is your idea of love, family, and relationships on the whole?
All these are pure. No one should exploit or defile these.
- Which of your works have been published so far?
This is my debut novel. I also have published a collection of poems.
- So how was this journey of becoming a published author?
From a freelancer to published author, it was an unforgettable journey. Getting copyrights, designing a website, and submission for print; there was excitement at every step.
- Have you self-published your book or followed the traditional approach?
- Which approach is better according to you: traditional or self-publishing, and why?
Either way. Each one has its pros and cons. Traditional publishing gives the author more time to concentrate on writing whereas self publishing makes him aware of what all is required to make the work reach the reader appropriately.
- What should the beginners do today?
Stick to their passion and bring their dream to life.
- What are your forthcoming writings?
I am working on another novel for which I’ll be following the traditional approach. I’m glad to share that my manuscript has been accepted by a publisher. I am also working on yet another collection of poems.
- What are the four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
- Pun in the dialogues
- What is your favorite genre and why?
- What / Who is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
Walt whitman and Mark twain; I just love Walt Whitman’s O captain, my captain.
- What is the biggest challenge you have ever faced and how did you overcome it?
Completing my first book was a considerable challenge. I got inspired and encouraged by my mother.
- And finally, any message for the readers?
I hope you enjoy the novel. But do not forget the moral: be loyal, be it love or friendship.
So that was Edward for you, author of “My Friend’s Closed Door“.
You can get in touch with Edward directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Madhuri for your author interview and getting your book reviewed / edited: email@example.com
P.S. Please RATE the post. Hover on the stars and mark it. And LIKE the post if you like the interview.