Known as the ‘Master Motivator,’ Arun began his career as an Engineer and a Management Graduate. 15 years of experience and global exposure guide him when it comes to managing teams and leading innovation. Working for MNCs in regions like Dallas and Ipswich, Arun learnt the value of motivation-
how simple words of encouragement can ignite a spark, inspire someone. Through his quotes, he endeavors to stir the thought processes of people while brightening their lives. This is Arun’s sixth book, with his previous ones receiving acclaim from all across the world.
Currently, Arun resides in India with his wife Monica and his children, Amish and Ambika. Let’s get to know him more-
- Tell us something about your book “Marrying Happiness”
This book is divided in two sections, the first being about rising from the ashes and achieving success while second section is about finding happiness. This book is a collection of original quotes written by me on these two topics and seeks to motivate readers who need a word of guidance, succor or plain old wisdom to address these issues in their lives.
- When did you start writing?
I was working for a telecom multinational in Pune , India when I realized my office environment was not conducive for personal growth and to voice my feelings and inner thoughts I started writing quotes. I received a lot of encouragement from my school friends , my colleagues at the quality of these thoughts and since then I never looked back.
- What is the purpose of your writing?
The purpose of my writing is to share the wisdom I acquired from my tough situations with world at large and make it a better place for everyone.
- What inspired you to bring forth this idea as a book?
I realized from my early quests in life that all the while we chase for success and when we have it we start searching for happiness. So the thought to address to most desirable aspects of life in one collection, enticed me and hence the book.
- What is your idea of happiness?
My idea of happiness is that I am free from desires and content with my present life.
- Which of your works have been published so far?
My seven books have been published so far ( Including Marrying Happiness ). These are Courting Happiness, Inviting Abundance, Unfolding Dreams, Winning Over Life, You Can Make It Big, Marrying Happiness and The Reflections
- So how was this journey of becoming a published author? Give some insights of your efforts on getting your work published.
This journey of being a published author , like all journeys has been an enriching one. I joined a lot of groups and forums on LinkedIn for the author community and from there I gained a perspective on how publishing industry worked internationally.
- Have you self-published your work or followed the traditional approach?
I have self published all my books in USA. It gave me two distinct advantages over books traditionally published in India. My books had the international reach straightaway which none of the Indian Publishers would have been able to offer me. Second I could offer my books in both the formats Paper and Digital from the start.
- Which approach is better according to you and why?
Each approach has its advantages and disadvantages. Had my content been mainly in Indian context, I would have preferred Traditional Indian Publishers. But I realized from very early on that my content transcends nationalities, religion, races, gender and is universal in nature. So I didn’t want to limit my books reach.
- What is your take on book publishing as you see the current scenario?
Book publishing in India is still unstructured and unorganised. Barring a few big publishers there is no quality barrier in the content that gets passed onto the market.
- What are your forthcoming writings?
I have been toying with an idea to write a collection of quotes on Business and Economics- to bring the witty and funny side of these two areas. Thats going to my next focus.
- What are the four top most things you take care of while writing a book?
- I write within the boundaries of main theme of the book.
- The book should leave an indelible effect on the reader. In short , It must meet its purpose.
- You should end the book while the reader is wanting more.
- The books should not preach.
- What is your favourite genre and why?
Self Help Books is my favorite genre because I get inspired by great souls in the world history who have endured a great deal before becoming men and women of substance.
- What is your biggest source of inspiration in life?
My mother has been my biggest source of inspiration in my life as when the whole world deserted me, only she stood behind me like a rock and gave me strength.
- What is the biggest challenge you have ever faced and how did you overcome it?
- If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
It would be Steve Jobs because I want to experience the creative genius this man embodied.
- Any message for our readers?
Please don’t give up in face of adversity as a diamond is just a piece of charcoal that handled stress well.
You can get in touch with Arun directly at these handles:
Contact Madhuri for your author interview and getting your book reviewed: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. Please RATE the post. Hover on the stars and mark it. And LIKE the post if you like the interview.